Thursday, February 24, 2011

Culinary Nirvana

For some people this title might mean something a whole lot fancier and tastier than what it means for me this week. We reached a cooking pinnacle in the Jones household this week.  For the past four nights in a row, I have only cooked ONE meal for the entire family. (Well, one meal for Scott, Tyler and myself. Jake doesn't quite count yet. But, all I have to do for him is pop a little puree in the microwave, so he's no trouble at all.)

This is huge for us. I wish I could say that it happened because of some grand plan or strategy I had. Nope, simply happened because I had very little time to cook this week, so Tyler really didn't have a choice. I had also run out of Tyler's staple rice and was determined to stretch out our food at the house and not go to the grocery store this week. Tyler tried LOTs of new things this week!

Night #1
Angel hair pasta and marinara sauce. Tyler's eaten this at school a few times, but never at home. He balked at this one the most, but ended up eating it!

Night #2
Grilled chicken, french fries and cantaloupe
He eats the first two things all the time, but he also tried the cantaloupe.

Night #3
Tacos
This took a little creativity on Scott's part. He ended up breaking up the shell and they made mini taco bites for Tyler to eat. He ate the ground beef and the cheese. Two foods he doesn't eat a lot

Night #4
Hot dogs
Only eaten these one other time, but tried them!

I'm on cloud nine about all of this! Thinking about what else we'll try next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment