Monday, February 21, 2011

Can you tell which is which?

Everyone talks non-stop about how much Tyler and Jake look alike. And I think, "Yeah, you can definitely tell they are brothers, but they have their own unique characteristics."

Maybe I'm sensitive about this, since when I was growing up, people said the same thing about my sister and me. People always asked my mom, "Are they twins?" I'm the older one and was a little shorter than my sister, so we were the same height. My mom even dressed us alike. Clearly, this was not the end of the world, but I remember thinking - somewhat dramatically I'm sure - "No, I am my OWN person!" So, when people say this about the boys, I feel a twinge of my issues creep up.

Then, I went back and looked at pictures of Tyler and Jake both at 6 months.

Damn, they look alike. Check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment