Thursday, June 30, 2011

Who are you and where is my 3-year-old?

So, everyone told me, don't worry about the terrible twos, it's the threes you have to worry about. And for the most part, that's been true :) Tyler is an amazing kid, but he certainly has his fair share of meltdowns and hissy fits.

So, one day this week, I picked him (and Jake) up from school and needed to run to Walmart to pick up a few things we needed. I planned ahead and had a snack for both the boys that they could eat on the way to the store. As we pulled into the parking lot of Walmart, Tyler said, "Mommy, I finish my snack before we go in."

Normally, this would not have been a big deal, but on this particular day, the heavens were about to open up in the form of a thunderstorm and I wanted to get in and out really quick. I pleaded with Tyler, "Why don't we keep your snack in the car and we can finish it when we get back in the car?"

I braced myself for the whining and protesting.

Then he said,

"OK Mommy, it doesn't matter."

I paused.

"What did you say?"

He repeated it again.

"It doesn't matter."

He went happily in the store and finished his snack when we got back in the car. I feel like we have reached the end of the 3s. At least for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment